Monday, June 16, 2008

Don't Underestimate the Power of Educating Others!

As you all know, Planned Parenthood is holding a week of house parties in order to educate others about John McCain's extreme anti-choice positions on reproductive health care. The week kicked off on Saturday, June 14th, which is when I hosted my very own party.

While everyone I invited was supportive of Planned Parenthood and our mission, almost everyone there did not know the extent of McCain's anti-choice beliefs and actions. I heard quite a few comments like "wow, I didn't know that" and "really? he voted against all these things [comprehensive, medically accurate sex education, funding to reduce unintended and teen pregnancy, contraceptive equity, etc.]?"

This is exciting to me, because while I already know that these people are going to vote for the pro-choice candidate, they now have the knowledge to enlighten other people on how dangerous McCain would be for women's health. Since McCain has done an excellent job of convincing people he's a moderate and thus pro-choice, this is vitally important. I like to call it a ripple effect: I educate a few people, who educate a few more, who educate a few more...and we all go to the polls in November to elect a pro-choice president!

So please, take the time to inform others of McCain's extremist stance. Even if everyone you know is already voting pro-choice, they might have a few friends who are on the fence...and just need that litte push to realize how scary it would be to have McCain in office. Please visit http://www.plannedparenthoodvotes.org/. to get all the information you need to know on McCain's reproductive health care record.


My dog Nori shows her support by wearing a One Million Strong sticker at my party.

1 comment:

Kari said...

Nori is adorable.